Interview with Duddie
Chris Hickman - October 31, 1997
- Could you please tell us your name and your role in emulation?
- PSEmu author... :)
- How did you discover emulation?
- It was a long time ago.... I have got Speccy (my favourite computa) emu
for Amiga or PC (can not remember right now....) and.... it was really
awesome... really slow... like PSEmu nowadays... but it was usable...
- What made you want to start creating PSEmu?
- I wanted to show up myself on emu scene.... so... here I'm!!!!! And why
PSX??? Simply... there were no PSX emulator!!!!! So.. it is better to
make a new emu, even working partially than creating an emu clone....
EMU of EMU????
- How long have you been working on PSEmu?
- Ups.... Since I have bought PSX.... march'97.... probably....
- What programming language did you write PSEmu in?
- Pure C!!! I really prefer pure languages.... to make things portable...
- How long have you spent programming PSEmu?
- Programming is about 10% of real time I'm spending on making this. 50%
takes resourceing PSX executables and 40% analyze of them! It is really
time consumpting processs.
- How difficult would you say that working on PSEmu has been?
- It is really difficult! You see, that there is no docs on internals or
even let's say externals (libraries, includes, something like that), so
everything have to be done by resource intuition... I think that
intuition is 90% of success. And the biggest problem it that I don't
have an Action Replay so many things can not be tested and it is reason
of slow exploration of PSX!!!!
- How did people react to PSEmu while it was still being created?
- Ouch, they were shocked, etc and non believing... even Emu News Service
creator has written an article about PSX emulators on scene, that was
really... sad! But, I have to thanx those non believing people, they
have me motivation to keep on work!
- How have people reacted now that PSEmu is playing games?
- Oh G!
- What plans do you have for PSEmu?
- To make it working :)
- Do you plan to optimize PSEmu in the near future?
- Yes, my friend "MUST STAY ANNONYMOUS" is working on PSEmuNT
(New Technology!!!! :) multi threaded PSEmu..... with dynamical
recompilation and DirectX support... I will not optimize it too much
'coz I'm to make it working and then let my friends make it fast.... :)
- Do you have any set goal for PSEmu?
- Yes, and I have achieved this: Raiden Project!!!!
- Are you having any problems because of working on PSEmu?
- Yes, I'm spending money on paper for printer :)
So... please donate me.... :)