by Christian Bauer
"ShapeShifter is a multitasking Macintosh-II emulator for the Amiga and
DraCo computers. It allows to run Macintosh software concurrently to Amiga
applications without hardware add-ons or modifications."
- Supports MacOS 7.1 thru 7.6 (8.x will come later, sorry)
- Color display up to 256 colors on AGA Amigas (16 colors on ECS) and up to 16,7 million colors on graphics cards
- Accelerated graphics with CyberGraphX/Picasso96
- Support for one or two monitors
- No MMU required, even runs on A1200
- Macintosh hard disks can be simulated in Amiga files or Amiga hard disk partitions
- Can use Amiga floppy drives, serial, parallel and SCSI ports from the Mac
- Mac HD disks can be read directly with an HD floppy drive, Mac 720K disks can be used with any Amiga floppy
- drive. To use Mac 800K disks, you have to own CrossMAC and an original Mac drive. ShapeShifter also supports the
- Catweasel controller.
- 8 bit stereo sound output (sound cards supported via AHI)
- Sound input with parallel-port sound digitizers
- Access to Ethernet networks
- Simple networking between two Amigas with PLIP
- Text clipboard sharing between Mac and Amiga
- File handler to access Macintosh volumes from the Workbench
- Speed comparable to a real Mac with equivalent hardware
ShapeShifter for AmigaOS [Homepage]
. Macintosh Emulators Index . Emulators Index . Front Page .
© 1997/1998 Archaic Ruins