Model 1/3 Emulator
by Matthew Reed
"My Model 1/3 emulator, TRS.EXE, is a very complete and easy-to-use TRS-80
emulation for PC compatibles. Here are some of version 1.10's more notable
- Everything is written in 100% assembly language for maximum speed and
accurate emulation. The emulator actually slightly exceeds real TRS-80 speed
on a 16 MHz 386SX! On faster machines, the emulator automatically senses
machine speeds and operates as close to real TRS-80 speed as possible, but
you can always adjust emulator speed up or down as you prefer
- The emulator provides up to four double-sided, double-density, 80-track
virtual disk drives. These drives can be mapped to single or double-density
disk images, or they can be mapped to your PC disk drives. This means that if
your PC is equipped with the right size disk drive, and if its disk
controller is capable enough, you can read and write TRS-80 disks right from
within the emulator -- just as if you were using a real TRS-80!
- The Model 1 portion of the emulator can emulate either Percom or Radio
Shack doublers -- or both at the same time!
- If you're using Model 1 or 3 LDOS, the emulator now provides support for
a virtual hard disk (up to 13 Mb)!
- A "FORMAT" program and hard disk driver are included in the emulator
- The emulator now provides an emulated hardware clock! You never have to
answer a date or time prompt again.
- The emulator keyboard can now be set to the TRS-80 layout, the PC layout,
or the German layout.
- TRS-80 sound can be routed through the PC speaker or (for better quality)
a SoundBlaster compatible sound card. (It can also be turned off altogether.)
- The TRISSTICK and Alpha Products joystick are emulated through the use of
a PC joystick. This means that if you have a joystick installed on your PC,
you can use it to play all your old joystick-aware TRS-80 games.
- Printer output can be filtered to convert TRS-80 style carriage returns
to PC style carriage return/linefeed combinations.
- Now you can use your old TRS-80 applications to print with your PC
printer -- without flipping DIP switches.
- Screen colors are completely adjustable. If you would like your Model 1
screen to have white letters on a blue background, all you have to do is make
a menu choice.
Download Model 1/3 Emulator
Model 1/3 Emulator for MS-DOS [Homepage]
. TRS-80 / CoCo / Dragon Emulators Index . Emulators Index . Front Page .
© 1997/1998 Archaic Ruins